TEN REASONS TO JOIN US THIS REFORMATION SUNDAY
(1) COVENANTING (during Worship) - We will covenant to intentionally grow together in our use and familiarity with the Bible at worship and in our life joining thousands of congregations as part of the ELCA’s Book of Faith Initiative.
(2) Our Hand Chimes will be blessing us during our second service prelude
(3) A Reformation Puppet Tale (with free popcorn!) during Intergenerational Sunday School (IGSS – 9:30AM) along with some cool activities will remind us of Luther's life including his translating of the Bible into the common tongue of the people so that everyone could engage God's Word in their life more fully.
(4) At 12:15 we will have some pizza ($1 slice) and jump right in to a brief presentation about the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America's Book of Faith initiative
(5) Take a short survey to help us shape our participation in the Book of Faith Initiative.
(6) You will also have an opportunity to be among the first to sign up for a three week second service coffee hour Bible Study led by Pastor Keith on "Re-Discovering the Book of Faith." This Bible Study will take place at 12:15PM on NOV 2, 9, and 16.
(7) You will also have the opportunity to reserve a copy of the new "Lutheran Study Bible" - for $17.50 softcover or $22.50 for Hard Cover, a 35% discount with free shipping as long as we place an order for 10 from the congregation as a whole. After December 31st the price charged by Augsburg Fortress publishing goes up to $24.99 and $34.99, respectively.
(8) Free copies of The Lutheran Magazine's special issue on Lutheran 101 given away while supplies last - everything you wanted to know about the basics of what Lutheran's believe. If you like the magazine we will be taking orders for a one year subscription at a tremendous discount.
(9) The Annual Augsburg Fortress (Our Lutheran Publishing House) Christmas and Lutheran Book Sale will be set up in the Fellowship Hall (we get a free copy of each book for Trinity’s library AND all profits will benefit our Justice Ministry Network.
(10) And if this isn't enough, a few loaves of Pastor's homemade bread will be randomly given away to a few lucky attendees! What a deal!
PS - One thing NOT on the top ten list are my soon to be surgery scars. Pastor will not be showing these off - I am told that they will be too small to see any way! Should be home same day (Monday October 19th) and taking it easy for a couple of days.