SUGGESTIONS FOR LENT
Get into God’s word.
Join the “Lenten Reflection Team” by choosing one
or more of the 33 readings from the Passion According to the Gospel of Mark
1. The list of possible readings is available in the
narthex or you may request them by email from Pastor Keith
2. Read it;
Reflect upon it; Write about it.
3. These question may help you in writing
about the text. Feel free to use them (or not.)
• What does your reading
mean to you?
• What surprises you in the text? Moves you?
you? Challenges you?
• What do you want to know more about?
• What stories of your life does it bring to your conscious
• What might the Holy Spirit through the text be inviting you to do?
4. You can write as little or as much as you desire.
5. We invite you
(not required) to share your reflection by submitting it to Pastor Keith who may
share them with the Trinity community in various ways.
Get into God’s word
1. Make the commitment to have your children and youth attend
Trinity’s Christian education classes Sunday mornings at 9:30AM
Participate in the Adult Sunday school class Sundays at 9:30AM – NO PREVIOUS
BIBLE STUDY EXPERIENCE NEEDED!
3. Participate in the Tuesday morning Bible
study with Earline LaCroix at 8:30AM
4. Participate in the Monthly WELCA
(Women) and Men’s Group study and fellowship – March 13th & April 10th at
5. Participate in the “Prayer and Praise” Wednesday evenings at 6PM
led by Earline LaCroix with music by Jacob Smitter
Try A Lenten Discipline.
to Pray daily
2. Commit to spend time each day in Scripture
3. Commit to
4. Commit to attend Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter
worship in order to experience Holy Week in its entirety.
5. Commit to
Practice generosity each day
6. Commit to Invite someone to worship with you
7. Commit to Fast from something that distracts you from God
whether that is Facebook or over-committing to activities or not being able to
put aside work or television or worry or fear or anger or something else.
Commit to Practice thankfulness each day
9. Commit to reading a book that
nurtures your faith or deepens your spirituality
10. Commit to Sabbath
taking by setting aside time each week to do that which brings you the most
11. Commit to doing a work of love each day
Try Something Different.
in worship or encourage your child/youth to assist in worship. If you or your
child/youth is willing to learn the position, anyone is permitted to serve in
any position as they feel called. (Sign up lists go around most Sundays)
Sing in the Easter Cantata Choir that rehearses Wednesday evenings at 7PM (See
3. Participate in BOLD Justice events on March 22nd and April
26th (See Janean Baumal)
4. Go with Trinity to Feed the Hungry dinner at 1st
Lutheran on March 7th or April 4th (See Jeanne Myers)
5. Help out with our
Church-based Shelter Program Week March 5th-9th (See Lisa Miller)
6. Come out
to a Church Yard Day or Butterfly Garden Day March 3rd and April 7th at 9:30AM
7. Knit a Prayer Shawl (See SAM Newton)
8. Try Yoga Thursday mornings at
9:30AM (See Diane Jansen)
9. Give Blood on April 1st and save three
10. Become a part of the Tuesday morning craft group Tuesday mornings
at 9:30AM (See Earline LaCroix)
11. Collect food for the Trinity food
Like good stewards of
the manifold grace of God,
serve one another with whatever gift
you has received
1 Peter 4:10