WORSHIP WITH US!
8:30AM, 9:45AM in the hall, or 11AM

Location:
7150 Pines Blvd
Pembroke Pines, FL 33024
The SE corner of Pines Blvd and 72nd Ave
Across the street from Broward college South Campus lake
(954) 989-1903
tlcppines@gmail.com


Join Us For Worship!

Join Us For Worship!
Sundays at 8:30AM, 9:45AM, and 11AM

Featured Post

Advent Meditation on Joseph

The reading for Sunday, December 17, 2017: Matthew 1:18-25 This Sunday we read about an angel appearing to Joseph in a dream. We've no...

Friday, January 24, 2014

Trinity Congregational Council Elections 2014


Trinity Congregational Council Elections 2014

 The following is the list of your current council

Council Terms 2013-2014
Kristin Berkey-Abbott  Second Term expires JAN 2016
Denise Payne – Second Term expires JAN 2016  
Richie Cannezzaro –  Second Term expires JAN 2016
Tina Hines – First Term expires JAN 2016
Eileen Manella – First Term expires JAN 2016
Ron McCoy – Partial First Term expires JAN 2015  
Earline LaCroix – Second Term expires JAN 2014   
Reed Talbert  - First Term expires JAN 2014 (eligible for a second term).
Pastor Keith  - permanent council member
*Kayla Frey and Alex Berger are completing their youth terms which have been eliminated in the new constitution .

 This year’s ballot includes two regular council members: Reed Talbert has been nominated for a second term, while Zory Graciani, who has served on the council a few years ago, has been nominated for a first term. Council members are permitted to serve two consecutive 3 year terms only before being required to step away from council for at least one year.

 The congregational council appointed a nominating committee consisting of Pastor Keith and current and former congregational council presidents ( Janean Baumal, Ron McCoy, Harry Furey, and Kristin Berkey-Abbott) who through a process of prayer, reflection and balloting, chose one name for each available position as has been our practice since 2000. That ballot was approved by Trinity’s congregational council and will be before you on Sunday January 26th.   If there are any nominations from the floor at the 11AM service, such action would make this a nominating meeting with elections taking place at each service on SUN FEB 2nd instead. Any nominations from the floor at the 9:45AM service will not impact the date of the elections as the name(s) would be available at the 11AM service that morning. By constitutional mandate, there is no absentee or proxy voting permitted. 

 If there are any nominations made from the floor it should be noted that nominees from the floor must be (1) present (2) seconded (3) willing to serve and (4) a regular voting member (those “not yet” confirmed youth, associate members and non-members are not eligible.)

 The 2014 Trinity Congregational Council Nominee Ballot And Biographies

Each person was asked to answer the following three questions:
1. How long have you been a part of Trinity and what attracted you to make Trinity your church home?
2. What has brought you the most joy in serving at or through Trinity and/or in the world beyond Trinity?
3. What’s one thing that you would like to share about yourself that most people do not know?

Zory Graciani
1. How long have you been a part of Trinity and what attracted you to make Trinity your church home?
I visited Trinity for the first time during the Christmas Eve service of 2000.  I had just moved to Pembroke Pines and was very pregnant of my first child.  Pastor cared to call, people were welcoming!  Then the more I visited the more I saw the different activities carried out in church and realized this was in the right place for me and my baby (now two girls). I became a member around mid 2001. 

2. What has brought you the most joy in serving at or through Trinity and/or in the world beyond Trinity?
Tough question, I think that any work that makes me feel I am touching someone else’s life and letting them know God is with them.  For example, when I shared the prayer shawls with a mom who had just lost her only son or with Breast Cancer patients during the 60 miles Walk. When I get involved leading Cross+ Gen Service and then I hear my girls talking about what they learned, those little moments bring me great joy!

3. What’s one thing that you would like to share about yourself that most people do not know?
Not many people know that I was a clown in the name of Jesus ;) 
I am always fond to remember my days in the Clowning Ministry when I was in college, great memories!

REED TALBERT
1. How long have you been a part of Trinity and what attracted you to make Trinity your church home?
I have been a part of Trinity Lutheran Church for about 16 years.  What attracted me the most to Trinity was the same kindness and courtesy I have received in most of the Lutheran congregations I have visited or was a member.  

2. What has brought you the most joy in serving at or through Trinity and/or in the world beyond Trinity?
I love to cook in service to The Lord.  This last year brought me the most joy when my son and daughter asked to help cook breakfast at the Easter Sunrise Service.  They were eager to help and willing to leave the house at 3:30 AM that morning to get started with Forest Fritz.

3. What’s one thing that you would like to share about yourself that most people do not know?
I was in the Guinness Book of World Records for the most consecutive generational child births on the same birth date:

Bonford Reed Talbert I:  July 28, 1899
Bonford Reed Talbert II:  July 28, 1929
Bonford Reed Talbert III: July 28, 1968

No comments: