FOR THE FRIENDS AND FAMILY OF TRINITY LUTHERAN:
1. Due to the opportunity for folks to celebrate the life of Carol Folger, the Multicultural-fest will be re-scheduled for Sunday September 13th to coincide with "God's Work-Our Hands Sunday"
Here is the information on Carol's remembrance:
To all family and friends:
Please join us in celebrating the life of Carol Folger ❤
Date: Sunday June 7th 2015...
Place: 2750 SW 73rd Way
Davie, FL 33314
We will be at the community pool
(behind office, gate is open)
Stop by to celebrate a life full of love. Bring your laughter, smiles, & memories of Carol.
We will have some light snacks and drinks, but if you are planning on staying a bit, please feel free to bring you bathing suits, a cooler with drinks or something to nibble on. All are invited, hope to see you there.
- Karen Davis (Carol's daughter)
***A Trinity Memorial Fund*** has been set up in Carol's memory to place several handrails leading up the steps to the altar rail to assist folks who might benefit form such a rail. We are working with a company right now on an estimate. Donations may be made out to Trinity with "Altar Rail" in the memo line.
2. With no RSVP's for the Wedding Vow Renewal for June 14th we will not have a vow renewal Sunday that day , but are pleased to continue to offer them on any Sunday during worship as long as you RSVP on your worship slip at least one week in advance.
3. There will be a brief special congregational meeting Sunday June 7th during each worship service to vote on moving the budget/spending plan vote from its current position of June to rather coincide with the January congregational meeting at which we now elect council members so that more folks can participate and to allow our budget year and the calendar year to be the same for simplicity sake. We will also present a brief update on our current finances following worship on June 7th.
4. On June 21st we will bless and install our VBS Staff during worship. VBS runs Monday June 22nd - Friday June 26th
5. On SUNDAY JUNE 28th there will only be two worship services:
8:30AM is our regular 8:30AM worship with Barbara Gilson on piano AND
10AM (note time) in the sanctuary where our VBS team will lead worship for all of us followed by food and waterslide.
6. As part of our VBS service project TLC will be collecting items for Personal Hygiene Kits to assist Lutheran World Relief in their efforts on behalf of victims of natural disasters such as the Nepal earthquake. There will be a bin in the narthex.
•>Please give new items only, except where otherwise noted
•>Please do not donate items with any religious symbols, messages or your congregation’s name.
•>Please do not donate any items decorated with a U.S. flag, patriotic or military symbols, or references to the armed forces, including camouflage.
For each kit we need:
1. One light-weight bath-size towel (between 20"×40" & 52"×27"), dark color recommended
2. Two or three bath-size bars of soap equaling up to 8-9 oz, any brand, in original wrapping
3. One adult-size toothbrush in its original packaging (If there are two in a pack, please place o in a business size envelope)
4. One sturdy comb, remove packaging
5. One metal nail clippers (attached file optional), remove packaging
If you are producing an entire kit instead of donating individual items, please complete the kit by placing items inside the towel and tying it all with a sturdy ribbon.
7. FOOD PANTRY IS IN NEED:
Especially for Peanut Butter, Jelly, instant mashed potatoes
Thanks and Blessings